Washing your synthetic insulation jacket is simple. Check the care label on the jacket for exact temperature and spin guidelines. Remember with synthetic fabrics, it's generally a cool, gentle wash cycle.
5 steps to washing a synthetic insulation jacket:
- Ideally, rinse your washing machine out before use. This clears any residual detergent and softeners that might damage the fabrics and coatings.
- Close all zips and hook & loop fastenings.
- Use a non-biological liquid detergent, pure soap or a specific outdoor clothing technical cleaner.
- Machine Wash on a gentle, cool setting. 30ºC is ideal both for your jacket and the environment.
- Tumble dry your garment on a low heat setting to help restore the loft and maintain the DWR treatment after washing.
- Avoid biological detergent and fabric softeners.
- Do not dry clean or iron the garment.